Monday, June 16, 2008

Friday the 13TH....DINNER AND A MOVIE

My Friday the 13th was pretty MUCH uneventful AND THANK GOD!!!

Me and some friends went to see "The Strangers" at the movie theater during the DAY.....CAUSE there would be NO FREAKIN' WAY I would see this movie AT NIGHT!! So we get to the theater a little late....the previews had just finished up and the movie was beginning to START....as we WALKED in-- WE were BLINDED by the DARKNESS and COULDN'T see a THING....it was soooo DARK in there-- about as dark as a sack of black cats!! I couldn't EVEN see my HAND if I put it up in front of my face.....AND there I WAS -- leading the pack up the stairs...so I stopped DEAD in my tracks. I just KNEW the whole theater was laughing at us trying to go up the stairs and not being able to see a thing. FINALLY, some light for a brief second as something on the big screen changed. So we walk ONE more STEP up, THEN DARK again!! GEEZE..... SO you see the pattern....THEN finally LIGHT for more than a second....and LOW AND BEHOLD the WHOLE movie theater was.....

EMPTY!!!!!.....

JUST even MORE errrieee......

It's VERY CREEPY seeing a horror movie during the day with NOBODY in the theater BUT YOU!!!! We kept waiting for someone to jump out from behind the seats OR come up the aisle wearing a mask!! OR SOMETHING!!!

THEN we read on the screen that this MOVIE, "The Strangers"....is apparently TRUE or parts of it were true.....WHICH made it EVEN more scarier!! Knowing that THIS actually HAPPENED and COULD STILL happen! Anyways I won't ruin the movie for you......BUT definitely GO SEE IT, if you enjoy this type of movie genre -- HORROR -- There aren't A LOT of blood and guts in it.....BUT it will SCARE the SHIT outta YOU!!! Be prepared TO JUMP!!! Even though you KNOW something is gonna happen....you STILL jump! Liv Tyler (Steven Tyler's daughter) plays one of the main characters....AND she was excellent! The ending sucks A LITTLE...and leaves you wondering...BUT still an OVERALL worth-while movie to see!!! AND it isn't TOO long, just 1 hour and 45 min. I give "THE STRANGERS" the THUMBS UP!!!

So, later on that night...I had FORGOTTEN ALL about the darn MOVIE...UNTIL my husband BRINGS it up again....and THEN my mind started playing TRICKS on me!! arrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER, on a DIFFERENT NOTE, we DID find a GREAT new restaurant to eat at in Baton Rouge...well NEW for us.....and I don't think its been around too long either. But it's called "The Little Village" and its located downtown near the river on Lafayette Street. It's an Italian restaurant and the FOOD was absolute PERFECTION!! You must taste the bread and the martini's!! It's a quaint little place -- but by little I mean LITTLE, you probably SHOULD make reservations....there are only about 20 tables total in the place. If you luck up, you might get a table near a window with a view of the river. The acoustics are pretty bad in there because its an old building with wooden floors...but the FOOD makes up for what the acoustics LACK!! It's a good DATE-NIGHT restaurant, FOR SURE!! We started off the meal with DRINKS!! I had a lemon drop martini and Brian had a margarita on the rocks. The martini was DIVINE! VERY smooth! ONLY one will do ya!! For the entrees, I had the typical Italian dinner of SPAGHETTI!!!!! Maybe NEXT time I'll venture OUT....yea RIGHT!!! YOU know me....NEVER!! Brian had one of the MANY specials of the night....Soft Shell Crab, deep fried and topped with a sauce that included lump crab meat and shrimp. NOW, I don't eat seafood, BUT if I EVER DID...I surely would EAT this!! Brian even said, being raise in SOUTH LOUISIANA and eating seafood-- like he does...he has NEVER......EVER....had a soft shell crab....LIKE this before!!!! It was tender, juicy and fried to perfection! Simply, OUT OF THIS WORLD!! We didn't have ANY room for dessert! MAYBE next time!! Overall the menu is a little pricey, but an EXCELLENT choice!! We'll definitely be BACK there!!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Yummy, I've heard about that place. We will have to try it out.