Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up


Brian left last Thursday(May 29th, 2008) to head down the Venice, Louisiana to fish in an off-shore tournament with his Dad - Iddo, my brother - Mike, and some friends and family. He caught one 22 lb. Mahi Mahi which he entered into the tournament. The fish held for a while on the boards...but eventually dropped off. Also, Brian caught a WHITE MARLIN and I am not sure how much it weighed as it got off at the boat. My brother, Mike, caught 1 Mahi Mahi as well. This was Brian's first BIG GAME tournament to fish in. They had to video ANY fish they caught and wear these special wrist-band bracelets....which proved, on video, that they were the person actually catching the fish on THAT particular day --I always wondered HOW they proved they actually caught the fish! Because with BIG game fish like that you typically don't kill them...you just tag and release them... Above is a picture of Brian's father's boat, The Virginia Claire (it is named after his mother)which they fished the tournament on. It is a 52 ft. Donzi with PLENTY of room!



On Friday, May 30th, 2008, Saylor had her awards ceremony for T-Ball. Her team ended up in 2nd place for the season. They each got a medal with 2nd place engraved on the back of it along with the year. Her coach gave each member a softball trophy with QUEEN BEES (the name of their team) and the year engraved on it along with a photograph book of pictures from the whole season of every player. That was SO nice of her coach to do that!! Very thoughtful!! She was truly a wonderful coach! And what a GREAT way to end a GREAT season!


Saturday, May 31, 2008 -- The kids and I stayed at home all day! My friend, Ashley, came over and we swam in the pool with the kids. Later on that evening my mom came over to watch the kids as Ash and I went to help out with a political fundraiser in Plaquemine for Mayor Tony Gulotta. After leaving there....we headed to the Texas Club for some much needed DRINKS, dancing, and FUN!! Much to my surprise, Brian ended up coming STRAIGHT from Venice and meeting me at the Texas Club! HA!


Sunday, June 1st, 2008 -- We started out the morning with our WEEKLY visit to Wally World to pick up a few groceries. Then Brian and I went to see Jaime Wax's production of, "Going to Jackson" at the Shaw Center. I just happen to win some free tickets to the show on WBRZ's Tune In morning show on Friday morning. I have HEARD many great things about his performance and was excited about going to see it for the first time! He has been doing this show for 18 years now! The story takes place at the mental institution up in Jackson, Louisiana. He is the ONLY person in the show BUT he plays MANY different characters at the institution. The show was really good, although I almost dozed off a time or two from staying out so late the night before. IF you EVER go to the Shaw Center Theater to see something...TAKE YOUR SWEATER...it was FREEZING in there....much like the movie theater! After that, we went to The Landry's house (our next door neighbors) for Beau and Alyssa's birthday celebration. They boiled some crawfish and the kids played on the slip-n-slide. As I was sitting there watching the kids slip-n-slide, it reminded me of my CHILDHOOD MEMORIES slip-n-sliding in the summer......I remember pulling out an old piece of Daddy's visqueen from his workshop spreading it out in the back yard and grabbing the bottle of mom's DAWN Dish Detergent and squirting it ALL over the place....adding a lil bit of water....and it was FUN FOR HOURS and HOURS!! They surely don't make slip-n-slides like they USED to! That's for SURE!!!
I hope you have enjoyed reading my weekend wrap-up as there is NEVER a dull moment!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! That boat looks nice...